Friday, October 24, 2008

Tobin Wesley Tremper


On the way to the hospital

On Saturday, October 18 we welcomed Tobin Wesley Tremper into our family at 10:34 am! (Tobin is named after Grandma Tremper's maiden name and Wesley is after Matt's Dad's middle name.) Because we had such a difficult delivery with Carson, the doctor recommended that we have a c-section for our next deliveries. So, we were scheduled to come in at 8:00am Saturday morning. Both families pitched in and helped manage the kids and phone calls for the day. By 9:30 everyone was in the waiting room ready to meet the new baby. Matt and I were pretty nervous for the c-section delivery. The idea of surgery and being cut open just didn't appeal to me! We had a lot of people praying for us and were very grateful for that. The nurses prepped me and Matt and then wheeled me into the O.R. to prep me some more. What an intimidating room to be in! Matt came in just as they were finished prepping me and and was able to see the whole birth. He is so facinated with medical things that this was very exciting to him!! As they pulled the baby out, he shouted, " It's a BOY"!! We were both overcome with emotion and so happy that it was a boy. Matt was able to go over right away and see Tobin. He wieghed 8lbs 3oz and measured 22in. The medication was beginning to tire me as I waited to see him, so I was glad they brought him over to me when they did. It was so great to see him for the first time. I just wished I could hold him.





After that, Matt went with him to the nursery to be cleaned up, while I stayed in the recovery room for about an hour. The the seditive in the spinal made me so groggy and tired. I had a really hard time focusing on all the visitors that came to see Tobin. I have no recoloction of many conversations that day!! After the recovery room, they brought me up to my room and then shortly after, Matt came up with Tobin. I finally got to hold my little baby boy. What a relief. He is so precious. It was fun to see what he looked like and compare him to Matt, myself, and the girls.


Our family and friends in the waiting room, Matt in the nursery showing everyone Tobin


Later that afternoon we had many family and friends visitors. The Chappells came to visit us from Fresno and of course the grandparents and uncles were there as well. When the girls saw Tobin, Elsie immediately wanted to hold him and Carson gave him a nice whack on the head and grabbed his hat!! She also gave him a very slobbery kiss after that. The girls really love thier new baby brother and are constantly wanting to know where he is.


i





The girls meeting Tobin for the first time, This is where Carson spent most of her time in the hospital room-laying on the ground and "skating" on her stomach



The grandparents


We spent about 4 days in the hospital and had many more visitors to keep us busy. The Nelson's even paid us a visit from Seattle! They happened to be in town for the weekend and we were so glad to spend some time with them.

All our visitors




Mishawn was so sad to not be able to partake in her favorite food...El Pollo Loco, instead she ate chicken broth, or was it beef broth, and jello...boohoo


All in all, we had a great experience at the hospital with wonderful nurses and doctors. We are so thankful for all the answered prayers of a smooth delivery and so blessed for a new son to add to our family.



Future Giants Fan


On our way home, Elsie and Carson wrote this for us on our porch to greet us as we arrived

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations! he's beautiful! so glad to hear all is well and everyone's healthy. with love, caryn & leif

Christy said...

congratulations!
Yeah for having a boy! Boys are great!

Calia said...

Congrats!! He's darling and precious and everything that a baby boy should be!! Wishing you all the best!

-calia

Vollmer Family said...

Congratulations Trempers! He is so darling and you guys totally look like pros in your pictures! Rest up and enjoy your baby boy!

Anonymous said...

Cute cute cute. Seriously.

Congrats!