Thursday, January 17, 2008

Elsie's Quote of the Day(s)!!


For those of you who have been around our daughter Elsie over the past couple of years, you know that she is quite the verbal child. She seriously has been talking in complete sentences before she turned two - I'm not joking. Being the little word wiz she is, we often hear some pretty funny and random things coming out of her mouth. Mishawn is around Elsie all day so she usually is the one overhearing such comments. I (matt) usually get a few emails a week at work during the day from Mishawn about what Elsie has said. It's funny stuff. Here are the emails I received...

Monday morning
Hey there, so I am cleaning up right now waiting for Carson to wake up, and Elsie is talking to her “friends” and she is supposedly Mary. And she’s like, "whoa it reeks in here, because Jesus’ poop! Oh my gosh!!"


Wednesday morning

Once again Elsie is talking to her “friend” and she said that she is going to talk in Spanish and she’s like, “bata bata, luga, nana…” and then her “friend said why do you talk in Spanish, and she said oh, why do I talk in Spanish, because I am black. My skin is black, bata bata doda bota!”

What crazy kid!!


5 comments:

lacey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lacey said...

Welcome to the blogging world. Elsie's hair is SO long now. Miss you guys!!

everydayVALENTINE said...

yeah...you updated it and personalized it and everything! i am so excited. i will add this to our blog (wanted to make sure you were going to actually do it first). so...i am sitting here reading your blog with paige in my lap and i start laughing out loud from elsie's quotes...paige looked up at me like i was crazy...but i could not stop laughing! love you guys- *laura*

Vollmer Family said...

I AM CRACKING UP RIGHT NOW!!! That post was absolutely hilarious!
I found your blog randomly through a few different other people's blogs and I'm so pumped that now I can keep up with your fun fam!! I'll add you to my list!

So fun to see your sweet family. You have the girls and we have the boys, but it sounds like we BOTH have some good laughs in our homes!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I found your blog through random other blogs as well, but thought I'd say 'hi'!! So fun to see your girls -- they're getting so big!

Mishawn - can you believe it was already YEARS ago that we spent a summer working with summer guests and conferences at SPU??? How time flies!

Looks like your fam is doing great!